Sunday, April 18, 2010

2010 Draft (Part 2)

One of the things I've been doing for years is making my own estimated depth chart to get a visual image of the Lions needs. This year I hadn't had the time to do so prior to free agency but I have completed it in time for my pre-draft edition.

You can find the worksheet at http://www.thenetrat.com/depthchart.html

If you don't have the ability to open an excel file and you do have fast internet access you can download a totally free office suite from http://www.openoffice.org

One change from my previous Draft entry (part 1). Now that I've visually seen the depth chart and now that the Lions re-signed Jared DeVries, I'm going to alter one prediction. The first 4 picks will include a DT, a RB, a CB, and a LB (instead of DE). The need for depth at LB now exceeds the need for depth at DE (if only slightly). In addition, I can see that even if the Lions draft a CB they will need one more in free agency still. I think Lito would be my choice over PacMan in this case, you?

I am now finishing work on my draft board. Expect Part 3 of my 2010 draft blog soon.

No comments: